Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Save the Dates

Photobucket

Hello everyone! I have been working away this week at Save the Dates. I wanted something cost effective, different and fun. I got my inspiration from here and did my own take on it. If you are trying to be a budget savvy bride, this may be an option for you. First you need an image that you want for your Save the Dates. Here is what I did:

Photobucket

I took our Scrabble game from downstairs and picked out the letters. I took off my engagement ring and put it in the mix and then I snapped a picture of it. The great thing is this looks kinda imperfect, but I just love it so much more. Then I set out in our town to find a printing shop. I took it into the guy and explained I wanted to have it printed on postcard stock. For 120 copies of  the photo it cost me 65$. Then I set out to put a message on the back. I bought cardstock to match our wedding colors (10$), 100 Envelopes (13.99$) and stamps (35$). All together this cost me about $1.10 per Save the Date.

I went into Photoshop and played around with the wording and what I wanted it to look like on the back. I have blurred out our names but here is how it turned out:

Photobucket

I then cut out the cardstock and placed it as a backing to the wording.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I glued it on the back and it was ready to be sent. I am really pleased with how they turned out.

There are plenty of free options out there as well. I know that Wedding Chicks has plenty of DIY templates. It is all about what your vision is. I hope you find some inspiration!

Until next time, happy crafting.
Much love,
Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment