Saturday, April 21, 2012

indoor herb garden

Alas, I have taken some time before posting yet again. I actually had quite a busy month, my girlfriend came up from the city for almost a week and I've been working with my job counselor to help me move along in my career path. Nevertheless, I haven't forgotten about this blog and what I set out to do. I have noticed a huge following on the Gizmo Dog Treats and I want to thank everyone for their interest. It wouldn't of been possible without the inspiration. For this next post I geared towards another craft that T wanted to try. I gave it enough time to give it a proper review. This time I've been AFK has been perfect to make sure I do a proper review.

Photobucket

A DIY herb garden. It seemed easy enough. T was inspired from this post found here.

We went out and got soil, seeds and mason jars. All in all the project cost us 20$. The boards we used I found at T's mom's farm. You may find similar boards lying around.

Photobucket

As you can see it starts off quite plain. We spray painted ours black, but you could go with any color.

Photobucket

Then we prepped the mason jars with soil and then got out the seeds.

Photobucket

We went with four types of seeds: Chives, Rosemary, Oregano & Parsley.

We used pipe clamps to hang up our jars to the board.

Photobucket

I got a bit decorative and labelled them. T had a problem lining up the jars so we had an odd gap in the middle of the board. I thought of a quick fix and it turned out alright.

Photobucket

Did it look pretty? Heck yes. Was it practical? Not really. We had a hard time growing it indoors, outdoors.. just everything in general. We are going the old fashion route with planters and outdoor growth. I don't blame the person who posted the craft for it not working. I don't have a green thumb. I have it a 3/5. It looked pretty but that was pretty much it. If you attempt this, let me know how it works for you!

Until next time, happy crafting!
Much love,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment