Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Easter's is on its way..

Being that Easter is slowly creeping upon us, I thought I would share some Easter decor I have placed around the home.

The first one is the Easter Bunny candy dish. I absolutely loved this idea when I found it on Pinterest.

Photobucket
The source: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20446025.tip.html

The actual project is quite easy. I went to Walmart and picked up a clay pot and a slightly larger bottom tray. I painted it white with acrylic paint. I then let it dry, made my ears out of foam and drew on the face. I know that mine didn't turn out exactly as the above picture. I had a hard time finding the hat in the picture. I visited 4 different store locations here to see if they had something.

Here is my finished product:

Photobucket

Overall this craft is cheap (less than 20$), easy and it looks cute afterwards. 5/5.

Other Easter decor I have are found below:

Photobucket

The tray I got from Walmart for less than 5$ and the colored eggs are from the Dollar Store.

Photobucket

The bottles are just empty wine bottles that I have spray painted with chalkboard paint. I did originally get the idea from Pinterest, but there was no pin in particular that inspired me. It is quite easy. You wash out wine bottles, and then spray paint them with chalkboard paint. You can reuse them for any holiday. The twigs with eggs on them I found at the Dollar Store.

You don't need to spend a lot of money to spruce up the house for the holidays.. you just have to know what look you want.

If you have any Easter crafts you have attempted, let me know! For updates follow me on Facebook.

Until next time, happy crafting!
Much Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment